1. Hot air is ___________ than cold air.
2. Green plants convert carbon dioxide into glucose in the presence of ______________.
3. The life-supporting zone of the Earth where the atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the lithosphere interact and make life possible, is known as the ____________.
4. The space among the soil particles are filled with ________.
5. Dead remains of plants and animals is called __________.
6. Water covers _____% of the Earth’s surface.
7. On planets like Venus and Mars the major component of the atmosphere is ___________.
8. The fossil fuels like coal and petroleum contain small amounts of __________ and __________ which are primarily responsible for acid rain.
9.The substances that cause pollution are called ___________.
10. _________ is the region of atmosphere where ozone layer is present.
11. ________ is formed due to condensation of water vapours in the lower region of atmosphere.
12. __________ is a major factor in deciding the soil structure because it causes the soil to become more porous and allows water and air to penetrate deep underground.
13. Ozone hole was first detected over ____________.
14. The eggs and larvae of various aquatic animals are particularly susceptible to _____________ changes.
7: carbon dioxide
8: nitrogen, sulphur