CBSE Class 9 - Mathematics - Chapter 10
Fill In the blanks
1. A _____ is a set of points in a plane, each one of which is at a constant distance from a fixed point in the plane.
2. A line segment joining two points on a circle is called the ______ of the circle.
3. A line which meets a circle in two points is called a ________ of the circle.
4. A chord passing through the center of the circle is called a ________ of the circle.
5. The fixed point in the circle is called the ________ and it is at constant distance from the boundary of the circle. This constant distance is called the _______ of the circle.
6. A (continuous) part of a circle is called a/an _______ of the circle and it is denoted by the symbol ____
7. The whole arc of a circle is called the _________ of the circle, while the half of the whole arc is called _______
8. Any angle whose vertex is centre of the circle is called a ____________.
9. The part of the plane region enclosed by an arc of a circle and its two bounding radii is called a ________ of a circle.
10. A ________ of circle is its longest chord.
11. A line can meet a circle at the most in ______ points.
12. In a circle, equal chords subtend __________ angles at the centre. (equal/unequal)
13. How many number of circles can be drawn through a given point P? __________ (one/two/infinite)
14. How many circles can be drawn through three non – collinear points? __________
15. Angle subtended by a semi-circle is a __________.
5. centre, radius
6. arc, ⌒
7. circumference, semi-circle
8. central angle
14. One and only one
15. right angle