|Check in Periodic Table|
How many metals, non-metals and metalloids?
Metals and Non-Metals
1. Which of the following is the best electrical conductor?
2. Which of the following is NOT True for metals?
(a) Generally metals are malleable.
(b) Metals are good conductors of heat.
(c) Metals are electronegative by nature.
(d) Metals displace hydrogen gas from dilute acids.
3. In general the number of electrons in the outermost shell of a metal atom is
(b) 1 to 3
(c) 5 to 8
4. Bauxite is an ore of which metal
5. Which of the following pairs will give displacement reactions?
(a) NaCl solution and copper metal
(b) MgCl2 solution and aluminium metal
(c) FeSO4 solution and silver metal
(d) AgNO3 solution and copper metal.
6. Which of the following methods is suitable for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting?
(a) Applying grease
(b) Applying paint
(c) Applying a coating of zinc
(d) All of the above.
7. An element reacts with oxygen to give a compound with a high melting point. This compound is also soluble in water. The element is likely to be
8. Food cans are coated with tin and not with zinc because
(a) zinc is costlier than tin.
(b) zinc has a higher melting point than tin.
(c) zinc is more reactive than tin.
(d) zinc is less reactive than tin.
9. Haematite is an ore of
10. What are the constituents of alloy solder?
(a) Copper, zinc
(b) Copper, tin
(c) Lead, Zinc
(d) Lead, tin
11. Which of the is more reactive?
12. By which reaction metal is obtained from metal oxide ?
13. Which non-metallic element is in liquid form ?
14. Which of the following non-metal is good conductor of electricity?
15. Which of the following is not a half-metal?
1. (b) Silver
2. (c) Metals are electronegative by nature.
3. (b) 1 to 3
4. (b) aluminium
5. (d) AgNO3 solution and copper metal.
6. (c) Applying a coating of zinc
7. (a) calcium
8. (c) zinc is more reactive than tin.
9. (a) iron
10. (d) Lead, tin
11. (d) Ca
12. (b) Reduction
13. (c) Bromine
14. (a) Graphite
15. (d) chlorine