Proficiency Test Paper 2012 (English -Vocabulary) Solution✍ You may download 2012 Proficiency Test Paper English from CBSE website
(a) leave ✓
(b) support ✓
(a) concentrate ✓
Q(6-10): Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word in bold:
(a) criticize ✓
(a) disperse ✓
(d) vague ✓
(c) maximum ✓
(c) next ✓
(Questions 11-20) Choose the word closest in meaning to the one underlined in the sentence:
11. Entry to the fort is forbidden.
(d) not allowed ✓
12. The Peacock Throne was really splendid.
(b) grand ✓
13. Is it necessary to do warm-up exercises before the match?
(c) compulsory ✓
14. Who is responsible for this state of affairs?
(a) to reply✓ (means answerable)
(b) to take care
(c) to blame
(d) to accuse
15. The officer tried to implement changes in the existing system
(d) execute ✓
16. Do you intend to work during the vacation?
(a) plan ✓
17. Most people admire sports stars.
(c) look up to ✓
18. The house needs extensive repairs
19. Due to the confusion, people began to run out of the hall.
(a) fear✓ (if there is lack of order, people will not run out).
(c) lack of order
20. The man died due to excessive bleeding.
(a) extra✓ (beyond limit)
(Questions 21 - 30) Choose the correct option to fill in the blank:
21. He is _________ to have won the lottery.
22. You may be asked to _____ your actions.
23. Let us play the game in the right _________.
(b) spirit ✓
24. I hope the committee will _________ of the plan.
(c) approve ✓ (preposition approve of an action)
25. All the students were __________ by his jokes.
(a) amused ✓
26. Your license is not ________ after this month.
(a) valid ✓
27. The landlord ________ the agreement with his tenant.
(b) terminated ✓
28. She ___________ her income by giving on-line lessons.
(d) supplemented✓ (it means added on)
29. The poor child lay _____ in the bushes.
(d) abandoned ✓
30. Why did you _____ in their business ?
(b) interfere ✓