Our Environment (Worksheet)
|ozone layer protects from harmful UV|
Fill in the blanks
1. Our environment has four components: ________, _________, __________ and ____________.
2. Abnormal increase of the temperature in the environment due to the continuous accumulation of gaseous pollutants is known as __________ _____________.
3. An ecosystem consists of ________components comprising of living organisms and ________ components comprising of physical factors like temperature, rainfall, wind, soil and minerals.
4. __________ is one of the green house gas. It is used as solvent, refrigerants, aerosol spray propellants and in foam packaging.
5. ___________ is the study of relationships between living things and the non-living components.
6.The various components of an ecosystem are ______________ (independent/interdependent).
7. The waste we generate may be ____________ or _____________.
8. The harmful U.V. radiation induces change in ________ which is responsible for ________ cancer.
9. The two things moving through an ecosystem are ________ and ____________.
10. Synthetic (non-biodegradable) wastes when enter the food chain and accumulate in the body of organisms, it is called ______________.
11. An _________ is an artificial and incomplete ecosystem in contrast to a pond which is a natural, self-sustaining and complete ecosystem.
12. ___________ which consume other carnivorous animals constitute third and higher order consumers.
13. Polythense is an example of _____________ waste.
14. Food chains are of two types _________ and ____________.
1. atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere
2. global warming
3. biotic, abiotic
4. Chloroflurocarbon (CFC)
5. Ecology or Enviroment Biology
7. biodegradable, non-biodegradable
8. DNA, skin and/or blood
9. energy, matter
14. grazing food chain, detritus food chain