Some Natural Phenomena
|Tsunami hits at San Jose: picture by Angela Riddock|
Worksheet based on Class 8 NCERT Chapter 15
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words given below:
1. _______ electricity consists of electric charges which do not flow.
2. A glass rod when rubbed with a piece of silk cloth gets charged with ________ charge.
3. Seismic waves are recorded by an instrument called ____________.
4. An explosive sound heard during lightning is termed as _________.
5. _____ _______ repel each other while ______ _______ attract each other.
6. The scale used to express the power of an earthquake is called __________.
7. The process of transfer of charges from a charged object to the earth ground is known as ________.
8. The waves produced by tremors on the surface of the earth. such waves are called __________.
9. A device that can be used to test whether an object is carrying charge or not, the device is called ___________.
10. An _______ is a sudden shaking or trembling of the earth.
5. Like charges, unlike charges
6. Ritcher scale
8. seismic waves